Why "now" is the right time to become a marketing consultant.
If you are a business owner, executive with your company or aspiring marketing consultant please read on. If not, read on anyway. This information is important and might be useful for someone you know. Share it far and wide.
Are you a connector by nature? Are you extroverted, active and outgoing? Do you love to network and meet people? Do people gravitate toward you and ask you for advice about work and life? Do you find yourself terribly bored sitting at a desk or in a cubicle? Would you rather be out on the streets meeting friends for coffee, a meal or drinks? Do you love socializing in person and on social media? Are you looking for more juice in life? Are you hustling and not getting paid? If this describes you, becoming a Marketing Consultant might be the edge you've been looking for.
We, here at V-Squared Creative, often find ourselves educating our prospects and clients about our products and services more than we are selling them. This is the true role of a Marketing Consultant. Marketing Consultants help analyze a business, determine what motivates their customers and create strategies to improve the business. If working with business owners and C-level executives to help make an impact on their revenue and success as a business, sounds like something you enjoy, we have the resources and tools for you to turn your casual meetings and acquaintances into solid connections and relationships that are mutually beneficial. We can teach you how to make a major impact for your clients.
Business owners take note here.
We have often found that the solutions business will need, include taking the following steps:
- Rebuild the company website to update their aesthetic, adding a modern and highly functional design. The site will also be upgraded to a mobile responsive design or even optimized for mobile. This step is crucial for the company to have success with their marketing campaign and to be found online.
- Implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to help the company rank on Google, Bing and Yahoo so that their preferred client demographic will find them easily via search. The goal of this should be the front page of Google. Ranking in the top 5 is the wish of most companies who engage in SEO. Taking the top spot can be a bit like finding a unicorn but is not impossible. It should never be sold as a guarantee. Side note: There are a number of factors that determine how/if this is possible. Some of these factors include the age of the website, the level of competition for these rankings and the clients budget.
- Constructing a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaign to drive/earn traffic to their website, that might include Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising like banner ads, remarketing etc.
- Identifying additional paid advertising methods, both online and offline that help clients become visible to their customers where their customers are looking for them. This method can also help the client distinguish themselves as a leader in their industry.
- Last, our favorite: Creating an ongoing Content Marketing Strategy. The Content Marketing Institute defines content marketing as this, "Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action." Plain and simple, this is what every business wants. They want to find the right customer and to help them buy their product or service. For a more in depth understanding of Content Marketing, start here: What is Content Marketing
This last one, Content Marketing, is the dark horse. It is largely misunderstood and is often the last thing a client thinks about when trying to promote, market and leverage their brand. This enigmatic method can have the greatest influence on a company's revenue and success. Yet, it is easily the most overlooked and least implemented strategy.
If you just read through this bulleted list and were wondering what you missed or why it's not working for you or if the whole thing was Greek and you don't speak Greek, have no fear. If the term Content Marketing hasn't been on your radar or is not being discussed at your business, we can help and are only an email or phone call away.
Amazingly, in our interviews with our prospects and clients their ears perk up and they nod their heads in agreement when we start talking about Content Marketing, We outline our ideas and strategies for them and watch their heads explode as their minds are blown. It's not that Content Marketing is a new idea, it's been around in various forms for ages. It's that we've reached a crossroads so to speak where it is uniformly more affordable, accessible and desirable to each party. Both businesses and consumers prefer it to standard advertising. These days, you simply can't market your business without great content.
As we've discussed, proposed and implemented our strategies, we've heard feedback from our clients like this:
"This is exactly what we need to do but we had not even considered it until we met with you."
"This is such a refreshing approach. We always knew we needed a good website but were always frustrated that we never put it to work for us. This is the solution we were looking for."
"Not one of the other proposals we received included this level of understanding of how we need to reach our customers."
"Promoting our brand via Content Marketing is the magic we've been trying to tap into but were unable to get our arms around."
"We felt like we'd tried everything and were not having the success we felt we should've been seeing. Now that we've adopted a Content Marketing Strategy everything is falling into place."
I redacted the names from these testimonials but rest assured these clients, are multimillion dollar organizations and small businesses alike. It's like a lightbulb goes off when we lay the plan out and show our clients step by step how they can unburden themselves from the day to day stress of managing their marketing and we help them control their budget so that the money they spend is being used on a system that provides measurable ROI and impacts their bottom line revenue.
The game is changing. It's no longer safe to sell a one-off website or offer a one and done project to clients. Too much can go wrong and there are too many variables with no way to prove the value of the work. The days of selling radio ads, T.V. ads, billboards, fliers and printed ads and expecting clients to respond by purchasing, are done. Consumers are tired of being shouted at via advertising. And business owners are tired of flushing their marketing dollars down the proverbial toilet, with throwaway advertising that isn't even being seen.
Now more than ever businesses are looking for an edge. They are willing to make changes and let go of their outdated models and expectations around marketing. They are willing to spend money, but more so if they can see how that money will work for them. They are especially willing to engage if they see the value of the system and know what they are spending their money on. They simply don't have time for marketing strategies that don't make sense and worse, don't work.
We are V-Squared Creative. We are the tip of the spear. We are leading the charge and raising the standards around how businesses interact with their customers and prospects. If you are reading this and nodding your head we want to talk to you.
- I would love to speak to anyone reading this article that has any questions about creating a strategy or becoming a marketing consultant. No matter where you're at in the process I'd love to hear from you.
- If I described you in the opening paragraph and you've always wanted to monetize your ability to connect with people hit me up. We are actively hiring Marketing Consultants and have an action plan so that you can manage yourself while using all of the resources we have to build relationships and fatten your stack. No games, no drama, no need to appear busy, just actions to take.
- If you are currently a marketing consultant, do you find that you are spread thin wearing all the hats? Are you trying to be a business owner, billing specialist, admin assistant, salesperson, project manager, accountant, designer etc. all at the same time? Do you feel like there are not enough hours in the day? We are here for you. We can help you unburden yourself from doing all of the work and managing your business while allowing you to spend your time finding the right clients. We have built the team and invested in the resources so you don't have to. Let's talk about how we can provide you the picks and shovels so you can go get the Gold!
- If you are a business owner or an executive with your company and you are reading this and a gong just crashed and light bulbs popped and your cage has been rattled, Let's talk. We're here to help. We have the team in place to crush your marketing goals for the coming year. Reach out to me anytime. I am expecting to hear from you. You might be feeling shame or guilt because you've tried to market your business and it hasn't turned out as planned. Maybe your last agency failed. Maybe you feel like you wasted your money and didn't get results. That happens. It's not too late. If you are questioning your situation or have had bad luck or no results in the past let's change that. We can start now and in a very short time you'll be seeing results.
Consider this... “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. –Chinese Proverb”
If this article found you wondering about where you could go or what you could do with the right tools and the resources to do it, we are looking for you. Please contact me directly via my email email@example.com